Monday, February 21, 2011

Review: Once In A Full Moon by Ellen Schrieber done by Autum Frailey

Beware of a kiss under the full moon. It will change your life forever.
Celeste Parker is used to hearing scary stories about werewolves—Legend's Run is famous for them. She's used to everything in the small town until Brandon Maddox moves to Legend's Run and Celeste finds herself immediately drawn to the handsome new student. But when, after an unnerving visit with a psychic, she encounters a pack of wolves and gorgeous, enigmatic Brandon, she must discover whether his transformation is more than legend or just a trick of the shadows in the moonlight.
Her best friends may never forgive her if she gives up her perfect boyfriend, Nash, for Brandon, who's from the wrong side of town. But she can't deny her attraction or the strong pull he has on her. Brandon may be Celeste's hero, or he may be the most dangerous creature she could encounter in the woods of Legend's Run.
Psychic predictions, generations-old secrets, a town divided, and the possibility of falling in love with a hot and heroic werewolf are the perfect formula for what happens . . . once in a full moon.


REVIEW:

Ok I know a lot of people really did not like this book but I really enjoyed it. Yeah there was a couple things that could have been added but maybe it is that way on purpose. There is obviously going to be a second and possibly third book in this series and who know maybe Ellen will be doing more in the next ones to make it easier to understand for some people. I thought it was a good story. I like the way she desirbed Legends Run. The whole East Side and West Side thing defintily makes sense to me. I grew up in a town in South Dakota that fits this description almost spot on. They had two different middle school and elementary schools. Only in my hometown it was North Side versus the South Side and then all of us meet in high school and it still is segregated. Hell we even have 2 colleges that are completely separated like middle school. I like the way she plays this and I thought it turned out amazing. I loved the characters, Celeste and Brandon and I know where Brandon is coming from since he lives on the wrong side of the tracks. I will definitly be picking up the second book whenever it comes out cause I cant wait to find out what happens next. I just hope that other people out there can also see the potential in this series like I can.

3.5/5 Stars

1 comment:

Unknown said...

im really sick of wolf stories but i may and up getting this book now thanks to what you say about it. great review. i love them, i love that you dont do to many spoilers